Email marketing is still, after all of these years, one of the most successful digital marketing tactics you can offer as an agency. In one study, email was reported to have an average ROI of an incredible 3,800 percent.
Whether your email marketing campaign process is sophisticated or burgeoning, you’ll likely need a series of tools (or one comprehensive solution) to help you. Choosing the right one is a bit tricky, however.
You’ll have different requirements if your agency offers email marketing as part of its broader services, versus if you specialize in the discipline. You’ll also find different products with strengths and weaknesses in specific areas, like:
* Creating email templates
* Integrating your CRM and sales data
* Sending automated emails or drip campaigns
* Managing multiple clients’ email campaigns
* Syncing contact information with social media
Beyond that, if you offer email marketing services to your clients, you may also be looking for a vendor that allows you to rebrand their tool as your own – and include the price of software in your packages so you can profit on each campaign.
Here are our top picks for email marketing software for agencies in 2019, to help both you and your clients boost the bottom line.
Here’s one of the most elegant email marketing automation tools out there. If design, interactivity, and responsiveness are essential to your campaign, Benchmark is a great solution.
* Intuitive template-builder
* Live editor, so you can see changes to your design as you make them
* Integrates with third-party apps like Shopify, Paypal, and more.
* Free plan (unlimited contacts and up to 25 emails a month)
Campaigner is a deluxe email marketing solution, used by thousands of businesses and agencies. It’s known for its advanced targeting, automation, and integration capabilities, making it a popular solution for agencies that know exactly what they want out of an email marketing platform.
* High deliverability/security
* Award-winning support
* Workflow/team management
* White-labeling and markup options
Campaign Monitor is an established email marketing solution, designed for agencies. It’s scalable, so you can get started knowing that it’ll grow with you when your business grows.
* Pre-designed email templates
* Advanced segmentation and targeting options
* Drag and drop builder
* 24/7 global support
* 10% discount for agencies
Need a straightforward, affordable email marketing solution that includes other essential marketing tools? Because it was built by a marketing agency, you can trust they understand what agencies are looking for in an email tool.
* Email automation
* Landing page builder
* Survey creation
* Social media automation
BenchmarkONE’s email marketing solutions combine sales and marketing in one simple, but powerful dashboard. Designed specifically with agencies in mind, the platform features all the must-haves (automation of repetitive tasks, lead scoring, advanced segmentation) and thousands of happy customers report that the software is easy to learn and even easier to use.
* Full suite of marketing tools (beyond email) including automation, CRM, webpage tracking and more
* Pre-built email templates and drip campaigns
* Award-winning customer service
* Landing pages & popups
* Agency partner program
* Free plan (up to 500 contacts and 1,000 emails a month)
Mailchimp’s been around for nearly two decades, offering inexpensive list-building, email marketing, and automation tools since then. It’s known as the “world’s largest marketing automation platform,” and a great DIY option for agencies at different stages in the game.
* Advanced metrics and dashboard
* Extensive email templates and design options
* Ability to create social media ads within Mailchimp platform
If you’re super strapped for cash, or just getting started with email marketing, Moonmail offers all of the essentials with none of the fluff. The pricing is fair, and the platform is simple to navigate.
* Drag-and-drop email builder
* Integration with Zapier
* Secure (unlike some other budget options)
* Unlimited subscribers/campaigns
How to Build a Successful Agency Retainer Business